Rick Gates to plead guilty, cooperate with Mueller in Russia probe
- Rick Gates to plead guilty, cooperate with Mueller in Russia probe
former top Trump campaign official Rick Gates agreed to sign a plea deal with federal prosecutors. Rather than face potential jail time, Gates is now the third campaign or White House staffer to cooperate with the Russia investigation headed by special counsel Robert Mueller
Gates has been charged with 31 criminal charges in indictments handed down since October, none of which are directly related to his 2016 presidential campaign activity.
The recent criminal charges against Gates focus on his financial dealings, alleging he and former Trump campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, had engaging in money laundering, bank fraud, failing to register as a foreign agent and tax fraud.
Gates is the highest ranking former Trump campaign official to sign a plea deal with Mueller, since former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn agreed to in December.
- Rick Gates charged in Mueller’s Russia probe: Who is he? Fox News
- Former Trump campaign aide Rick Gates will plead to conspiracy, lying NBCNews.com
- Mueller Is Ending the Era of Impunity for Washington’s Foreign Lobbyists Bloomberg
- Former Trump campaign official Rick Gates plans to plead guilty to 2 charges Washington Post
Go to Source